Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A day in the barn with Daddy

I wrote this post a couple weeks ago but for some reason it wouldn't let me upload any pictures...... so, tonight I tried it again and it let me!! :)

On December 10th Blake and I went into the barn with Tyler. He was in there learning how to do all the work the hired hand does for the week. I didn't think Blake would like it because every time he saw a little pig before this day he didn't like it when it made noise. So I thought we would get in there and need to go back out in a little bit. But Blake surprised me and loved being in the barn! He wasn't so sure about the sows but he loved all the little pigs! While we were in there we moved pigs from the grower to the finisher and Blakey had fun making noise to get the pigs moving. He liked to run around the pen and make all the pigs go crazy :) After we got all the pigs moved we went and sat in a nursery pen (which is little pigs) for a while. He would chase one pig around until he "caught" it so he pet it. We stayed in the barn for several hours before we went home. After we got out I told Tyler I have a feeling we will be going in the barn more often :) We haven't went in again yet but we probably will in a few weeks when Tyler does weekend chores.

Trying to figure out which pig to chase after.
I got him.....for a second before he runs off again :)

Let try a different barn to see if these pigs will come to me :) Nope.....they still run from me mommy :(

He stopped trying to catch the pigs so I could take a picture of him and daddy together, then it was all about the pigs again :)


Oh, and if you were wonder no Blake was not wearing shoes in the barn :) He was just wearing his socks because I didn't think to get the boots that mom and dad have for him :) But I didn't have to do the laundry so it was ok :)

We will have to go in the barn again sometime soon :) I went in yesterday and helped Tyler but my mom watched Blakey for me.

Have a good week! :)

2 comments:

  1. How cute - chasing those little pigs!

    If I remember correct, I think I meet you in Wolcott. My family was out for Invite a Family with Kim F. It was neat to come across your blog. Have a great day. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're raising a little farmer. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete